This side dish is hearty and delicious. It is easy to make and is an excellent change from the same old rice or potato side dish. The aroma that the herbs give off when this is baking will have everyone asking, “What smells awesome?!”
My son can eat a whole plateful by himself with a grilled steak as a side dish. I love this dish for entertaining because it requires so little effort allowing you to concentrate on other preparations.
An Early Tip:
When you clean the potatoes be sure to dry them thoroughly or they will stick to the baking sheet. This is a real downer, even if you have used aluminum foil and sprayed it with a non-stick cooking spray.
Red New Potatoes – 2 pounds cut in half (make sure they are dry if you wash them)
Cippolini Onions – 1 pound, peeled
Olive Oil (extra virgin) – ¼ cup
Herbes de Provence – 2 teaspoons (If need be, you can substitute dried rosemary for the Herbes de Provence for a tasty change.
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Pepper (black) – 1 teaspoon
How To Make It:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together thoroughly.
3. Pour the mixture out onto a baking sheet and spread out evenly.
4. Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes or until the potatoes are golden and cooked through.
5. Serve on a platter and enjoy!
“What smells awesome?!”